Full day tour in the holy cities of Cascia and Assisi, the city where St. Francis and St. Clare grew up, transformed into the universal center of the Franciscan message of peace and brotherhood. Built with the typical “pink stone” of Subasio, Assisi lives and makes all visitors experience the atmosphere of profound spirituality of the places that the history and faith of its saints make unique in the world. The duration of the tour is 12 hours with departure from Rome scheduled to 08.00 am.
BASILICA OF SANTA RITA DA CASCIA, pilgrimage destination, where you will discover Santa Rita and her message of love and peace. Set on the Sant’Agostino hill, the facade is covered with the pure white of the Tivoli travertine marble. Instead, the interior is in the form of a Greek cross and consists of a central dome with four large apses
After visiting the Sanctuary of Cascia you will finally arrive in the city of Assisi, where you can recharge and taste the typical Umbrian cuisine, in order to resume the journey in the Holy city;
Assisi, here you will be free to walk freely, visiting the most fascinating places in the city. Here are just a few of them:
- BASILICA SAN FRANCESCO D’ASSISI, world heritage site, it houses the tomb of the Saint and the masterpieces of Giotto and Cimabue. The basilica of San Francesco was in fact built two years after the saint’s death, as a place destined to house his remains. The surfaces are all in Subasio stone, which is tinged with pink during the day to shine white under the moon.
- Cathedral of San Rufino, it is located within the historic center of Assisi. The splendid Romanesque façade stands majestically on the square. The richly carved facade represents one of the finest examples of Romanesque art. The interior preserves the baptismal font in which St. Francis, St. Clare and, according to tradition, Frederick II of Swabia were baptized,
- PRIORY PLACE , it is located within the evocative setting of Piazza del Comune, the political and cultural hub of the city of Assisi. The Palazzo dei Priori houses the offices of the Municipality of Assisi, the Conciliation room and the Council room, completely decorated;
- TEMPLE OF MINERVA, the best preserved Roman building in the entire region. In fact, the church of Santa Maria sopra Minerva makes the splendid scenery of Piazza del Comune, within the historic center of Assisi, more suggestive;
- BASILICA SANTA CHIARA in a suggestive panorama over the Umbrian valley, the religious building with bands of white and pink stone of the Subasio stands out with the adjoining convent dedicated to Clare, the first and most faithful disciple of San Francesco ;
- Rocca maggiore of Assisi, just outside the walls, the superb Rocca Maggiore dominates the city. You will thus have the opportunity to observe a significant example of fourteenth-century military architecture still well preserved, enjoying one of the most evocative views of Umbria.
✓ Free 60 minutes extra time;
✓ Free cancellation until 12 hours before time pick-up;
✓ The price includes: highway toll , parking , wi-fi , water for customer and baby seat ( you can selection in extra options )
For your arrival at the airport, port or station , our driver will wait you outside the terminal with a sign, your name on it. You can call our emergency number at anytime.